Saturday, November 27, 2010

A White Thanksgiving!



Its been a rough 3 days. A huge snowstorm came through our area, and shut down the county for a few days, leaving us with no power. I have to admit that I wasn't the most friendly of the bunch at times... but it was actually an interesting way to start the holidays.... we all got to spend A LOT of time together, with none of the distractions that usually get in the way like computers, TVs, work or anything else. Learned how to play gin rummy too! I am excited to say that it did spark a my light up for a new adventure... I'm not sure what kind or when but I'm searching now! Not sure if it was being couped up for so long, or having make do with now electricity, but now I have the itch. Haha, any ideas are welcome!!
Just in time to begin baking for Thanksgiving, our electricity came back on. We made our way over to the city to spend the day with family and had such  a fun time! Our traditional game of pictionary ended with a victory for the girls!!! YAY! Haha, I think this is the first time in like 5 years or something, so you can bet that we will gloat till we're blue in the face all year long! ;)
My little sister and I put our game faces on the next morning to face the stampede of shoppers at the stores... only to find that getting to the stores at 4:30 am, means that you're late! Yup, not early enough. We caught a few deals still, but most of it was wiped out by the time we charged the isles. Ellie however, left the house as soon as we got home (11:45pm on Thanksgiving) and was completely finished with her shopping and in bed by 6:30 am Friday morning. Lol, I don't know how she did it. I bow down to her. ;)
So excited that along with the Turkey and mashed potatoes that come on Thanksgiving, the Christmas music comes out and (a few) lights start to be hung outside! Christmas lights are my favorite! Here's to hoping the season will last a while this year!

"Baby It's Cold Outside"-Dean Martin

1 comment:

  1. I know what your adventure should be...a trip out to DC!!! :) You know you're always welcome at our place...happy adventure planning!

    p.s. I LOVE Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete