Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ever The Same



Today was such a whirlwind of a day... Lots of new information thrown out at me at work, and bouncing back phone calls trying to set up a final interview for a possible office to work at. All exciting, a little hectic, but I'm loving it. I just can't get enough of the Starbucks portion of the training. I am soaking it all up, and asking too many questions, I'm sure! I LOVE this company!! Can't wait to jump deeper into it!


It is so foreign to me that everything that I've been brainstorming, and working for as far as future plans go, have been coming together this past week all at once. And depending on how the final interview goes tomorrow, my "future plans" may not exist at all. Getting into an office is the final mile.-And as far as my plans go, - they wont be future anymore... it'll be now. Present. Active... I'm okay with being idol for awhile, and just riding the wave. -But what am I working towards when I'm doing that? An apartment is 1.... what else is there?! Hahaha, I think I've been running so long, and straining to get to this finish line, that I have completely forgotten how to go slow, and pay attention to everything else. There is actually quite a lot to catch up on that I have neglected these past 12 months.

It's a different approach too, to start thinking in years.. They used to be so far off, but now it seems like I can't stuff enough time into them. Growing up is so sobering. Haha, life really is going to be short, isn't it? And complicated... Who knew God had a thing for obstacle courses??! Haha :) Thank GOD He guides us through it, huh?

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven".
-Philippians 3:13-14

1 comment:

  1. Addie, this is soo cool! Plus I'm WAY proud of your faithful blogging thus far. (and maybe a little jealous too...) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete