Monday, September 6, 2010

Movie a-go-go!

So, today I had the pleasure of going across the water here, to catch a movie with my little cousin. We went and saw Romana and Beezus.. SUCH a cute movie!! My cousin is coming up on 5th grade, and this was such a cute story to watch with her! What ever happened to "family movies"? I haven't seen one in a long time! It was so nice being able to watch the entire thing, and not worry about having to pull a quick ninja move to cover her eyes and ears before they finished the sentence. The worst word in this movie was --"guts" haha, which made me question myself... why say bad words? Haha, really? It only makes my mood worse, and elevates my temper, and sounds trashy.. So I am challenging myself to 'discontinue' those select words that occasionally slip past my lips. I will be following what James 5:12 says, and with all my might, only say "yes", or "no" when appropriate instead of an alternative.. Keep me accountable!! I'm really interested to see how this affects my mood, and how my immediate reactions change. :)

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."  -Ephesians 4:29


Anyways, it was a great day to be a movie-goer... Washington sure held up to those grey sky's that it's known for this Labor Day weekend. But, (surprise, surprise) I actually didn't mind. We haven't had a summer at all this year, but strangely enough.. I am finding myself welcoming fall with open arms! Bring it on El Nino!! I'm excited for you!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I'm the comment queen, but I had to say I love this picture and your whole blog plan - it's awesome! I am officially your #1 fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Hahaha, I love comments! I'm so excited! You are also the "blog queen" haha. You gave me the idea!

    ReplyDelete