Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do you smell strawberries?



My first week as a working dental assistant. I have so many thoughts zipping through my head! I love the work, still getting the feel of things, but so excited to get the routine down, really start helping the office out and making things happen. The first day was a little rough.. I am waking up at 5:30 now, and haven't had to do that in awhile, so as you can imagine, I was half asleep as I was getting ready for the day. Keeping busy once I got to work the time just flew right on by to lunch. As I was getting in the car, I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear-view mirror, and noticed that most of the makeup on my face was not rubbed in all of the way, and as I looked further I noticed that the extra strong strawberry fragrance that I had been smelling all day, wasn't the air freshener in the office, it was shampoo that was left in my hair from that morning. So, needless to say.. It was quite a first day, but I made it through and did fine getting myself dressed and ready the rest of the week. Haha. :)
 Going into this particular job each day is really going to stand as such a reminder of how impressionable kids really are... and the even more remarkable thing, how kids can make such an impression on my own perspective of the world! They are so much smarter than we give them credit for. They usually know (even if they can't acknowledge it) what's going on in their environment, and their responses in situations are so REAL!  A few times this week, I have caught myself holding back bursts of giggles, because their answers to questions have been so honest and cold as steel true. I'm so amazed at how much I am learning from a handful of five year olds... Haha, I love it.

Toy Sotry 2: When Somebody Loved Me
by Sarah McLachlan

2 comments:

  1. man o man AH! crazy first day! pretty memorable though, eh? hope you really love your new job as it progresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thats for sure! It was CA-Razy!!

    ReplyDelete