Thursday, September 16, 2010

Passion Tea Lemonade



Definitely no sunshine here today. An eye-opening day to fall and winter weather. My day started very early, as I had my first opening shift at Starbucks today in a town about 45 minutes away from here.. I woke up at 3:00!! However, my Dad being the sweet man that he is, woke up to turn the coffee pot on for me and keep me company while I waited for the brew to finish. So thankful that he did this out of the goodness of his heart, because it turned a dreaded early morning, into one that I really enjoyed. Being my first one, it showed me what I could make out of this new early routine on my own, to set my day right :) .
Got to work at 4:30, and started rolling from there! Before I knew it, my 4 hour training shift was done! And it was only 8:30. So I picked out my scrubs for my new dental job, met more staff, saw more of the office, and got more excited!

Did I forget to mention that?? I GOT HIRED AT THE DENTAL OFFICE!!!  YAY! Tuesday was definitely a day to celebrate! After I got the call, it was impossible to keep from smiling! My whole year of planning, and waiting, and planning is completely 100% done! There are no puzzle pieces left!  I can't believe it. I think it will be way more real once the ball starts rolling and everything settles into a routine (Which I require). But for now, it still is the best feeling in the world. I was telling a friend that I work with who is still going to school, that I wish I could bottle this feeling of accomplishment and share it with students in the middle of their training, so that they would have some sense that a finish line actually existed. Haha, maybe I'll work on that next. It could be a fragrance line.... "Scents of Accomplishment".... haha :)

 I can't express enough how blessed I know I am that everything is done, and has gone so smoothly over this last year.. God always goes above and beyond what I think would be perfect. PTL!!  (PTL=bible college slang for "Praise the Lord" hahaha, at work I just smile to myself every time someone orders a Passion Tea Lemonade, because PTL is the drink ID that goes on the cup :) Hahha. Love it.


Trailer Choir: "Rollin' Through the Sunshine".

4 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet girl.You were made to be a pediatric dental assistant.God wanted you to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, you are such a blessing!! I can't wait till I move out more towards S. Kitsap so we can go to church together, that will be so much fun... We can go for coffees before church too :) It will be perfect, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL! no really....make me a PTL, stat!! lol You are hilarious. Scents of Accomplishment?? HAHA! Miss you friend. Keep it delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha :D I miss you too Kayla B!!!! SERIOUSLY... no one laughs at my crap like you do. You have a letter commin your way ma'am!! ANOTHER one. Yes. Two in a month. I am on a roll. More like a STAMPede. haha.

    ReplyDelete